Wednesday, July 27, 2005

For those who like to wrestle with philosophy -- an extremely interesting analysis of the relationship between rhetoric, journalism and society on a blog called Rhetorica.net. While addressing what he calls a "field theory of journalism," Dr. Andrew Cline gives a great summary of the ideas behind objective journalism's structure. He does so to set up an analysis of what he calls "civic journalism" -- I haven't read his ideas on this yet, so I can't comment. But my response to his "epistemology of journalism" rings true to me. I still can't believe that the effort to find verifiable truth and communicate that truth will not be as valuable to citizens trying to make informed decisions as a cacaphony of biased opinion.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home